Facilities for Research, Education and Innovation
Supporting technical developments:
Wright Laboratory supports research in fundamental physics by providing shared facilities for instrumentation development, experimental investigations, and training, including:
- Advanced prototyping shop
- CAD room
- Two permanent class 10,000 clean rooms and a number of customizable “pop-up” clean rooms.
- Cryogenic laboratory with a mezzanine for large refrigerated equipment
- Detector development laboratory
- High bay area (“The Vault”) for instrument assembly and testing
- Laser room
- Low background facility
- Remote operations room
- Research support shop
- RF room
- Teaching shop
- Wood shop
- Investigator laboratories
Fostering synergies and collaboration:
Interaction spaces, meeting rooms, and a vibrant program of visitors enables the development of new collaborations across campus and around the world.
Training future leaders of the field:
Young scientists experience hands-on research, mentoring, and specialized training to prepare for careers in research, industry, and education.
Enabling fundamental research:
Close collaboration of scientists, technical staff, and subject experts creates new synergies that stimulate technical advances and scientific breakthroughs.
The Wright Lab community also has access to both on-site computer servers and high performance computing at Yale’s Center for Research Computing.
Please see the gallery for some images of the facilities.