Discover the invisible universe
Yale Wright Laboratory offers undergraduate and postgraduate researchers from Yale and from other institutions and select local high school students cutting-edge, hands-on experiences in experimental nuclear, particle, and astrophysics; quantum science; and instrumentation. Students and postgraduate associates at Wright Lab participate in fundamental physics experiments on campus at Yale and around the world. They develop, build, and use advanced instrumentation and technologies for research; analyze data; and acquire skills for successful careers in graduate school and beyond. The Summer 2023 program will run from June 4-August 5, 2023. More information is below.
- hands-on research experiences
- mentoring from Yale researchers
- training workshops
- professional development
- immersion in WL and Yale research communities
- networking with national nuclear, particle, and astrophysics community
- participate in and/or lead outreach activities
2023 summer programs
June 4-August 5, 2023
Summer 2023 applications are closed and will reopen for 2024 in late Fall 2023.
Wright Lab summer research opportunities for undergraduates, postgraduates, and local high school students are available for summer 2023 (June 4-August 5, 2023). The Wright Lab program includes students from the following programs:
- DOE Research Traineeship for Diversity in Nuclear Physics at Wright Lab
- Yale College First-Year Summer Research Fellowship in the Sciences & Engineering
- Yale Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
- Yale Science, Technology and Research Scholars (STARS) Program
- Research Experiences for Veteran Undergraduates (REVU)
Contact Wright Lab program manager Victoria Misenti for more information.
Summer and Postgraduate Opportunities flyer (PDF)
Past summer programs
2018 National Nuclear Physics Summer School at Yale
2022 ONAOSI-Yale Undergraduate Research Experience in Instrumentation