From October 11-14, 2021, members of the Wright Lab research community attended and presented their research at DNP 2021, which is the fall meeting of the Division of Nuclear Physics (DNP) of the American Physical Society (APS). A list of the Wright Lab presentations is below.
Wright Lab’s Raghav Kunnawalkam Elayavalli, associate research scientist, and Hannah Bossi, graduate student, also mentored undergraduate students who were presenting posters at the Conference Experience for Undergraduates (CEU), which is held in conjunction with the DNP meeting every year.
- Mesut Arslandok, Exploiting common-mode signals in the ALICE TPC to search for magnetic Monopoles
- Ako Jamil, Search for MeV-scale Energy Deposits from Dark Matter in Liquid Xenon using EXO-200
- Youqi Song, Optimization of STAR sTGC track finding using boosted decision trees
- Joseph Dominicus Lap, Accessing the Equation of State from Heavy-Ion Data: A Deep-learning Approach
- Sophia J Hollick, Spin-group reclassification of neutron resonances
- Caitie Beattie, Using Event-Shape Engineering to Constrain Jet Energy Loss Mechanisms in Pb-Pb Collisions at √sNN = 5.02 TeV in ALICE
- Hannah J Bossi, Exploring the challenges of using machine learning for ALICE jet measurements
- Raghav Kunnawalkam Elayavalli, Exploring hadronization and non-perturbative physics via jet substructure
- Benjamin T Foust, Precise Measurement of Reactor Antineutrino Spectra from Joint Analyses of PROSPECT, STEREO, and Daya Bay
- Laura B Havener, Are we seeing color (de)coherence in heavy-ion collisions?
- Thomas J Langford, PROSPECT-II: Physics goals with an upgraded precision reactor oscillation and spectrum neutrino experiment
- Ridge Liu, Energy resolution and detector response in CUORE
- Tong Liu, Hard scattering production measurements in p+Au collisions at √sNN = 200 GeV in STAR
- Reina H Maruyama, Search for Neutrinoless Double Beta Decay with the CUPID Experiment
- Michael H Oliver, Modelling the Impact of Path-Length and Energy-Loss Fluctuations on Jet-Like Correlations
- Samantha Pagan, Tagging Muon Induced Backgrounds in CUORE and CUPID
- Iris D Ponce, Reducing Cosmogenic Backgrounds in CUPID
- Mike Sas, Event-shapes and the presence of jets in e+e- and pp collisions
- David Stewart, Correlations between semi-inclusive jet production and event activity in √sNN = 200 GeV p+Au collisions at STAR
- Pranava Teja Surukuchi, Latest Results from the Search of Neutrinoless Double Beta Decay with CUORE
- Arina B Telles, The Free-Space CRES demonstrator for Phase III of the Project 8 neutrino mass experiment
- Talia E Weiss, First tritium endpoint measurement with Cyclotron Radiation Emission Spectroscopy (CRES)